1. Ministry of Youth Affairs has started basic computer literacy and awareness programme for the youth of rural areas through computer van donated by Common Wealth Youth Programme. In order to run this van the Ministry prepared a PC-I for appointment of required staff and also provision of computers to those areas where basic computer training was provided.
2. In this connection basic computer training to 42 youth (17 male and 25 female) of Bhaal area was arranged in Government High School Bhaal located at Rawalpindi Chakbali Road. After completion of training twelve computers (six for males and six for females), were provided/handed over to Headmaster Government High School Bhaal. However, it came to the notice of the Ministry that the computers provided for the female youth were not utilized. Therefore, a team of following officers was deputed to look into the matter and submit its report.
1. Pir Bux JandanSenior Research OfficerMinistry of Youth Affairs
2. Rabia MuzaffarResearch OfficerMinistry of Youth Affairs
3. The team visited Bhaal on 05-05-2009. It was observed that six computers provided for male youth were being used by the students of Government High School Bhaal and the computer provided for female youth were not used and remained unutilized in a room of Government Girls Middle School Bhaal. The Headmistress of the School was of the view that there is no computer teacher and the female youth trained for the purpose, was also not available for providing training to the students of the school. Therefore, the computers were remained unused.
The following proposals are made:-
1. In order to save the public property and make the proper use of computers, we may withdraw these 6 computers from the Girls Middle High School Bhaal.or
2. Issue final notice to the Headmistress of Girls Middle High School Bhaal to make necessary arrangements for computer training of female youth within one month other-wise computers will be withdrawn from their school. In pursuance of the decision of the DDWP meeting dated 16-09-2008 and approval of the Secretary Ministry of Youth Affairs a monitoring team consisting of following visited Quetta on 15-16 October, 2008:-
Deputy Chief (YA)P&D Division, Islamabad
DFA (YA)Ministry of Finance, Islamabad
Senior Research Officer, Ministry of Youth Affairs, Islamabad
Research Officer, Ministry of Youth Affairs, Islamabad
2. The team inspected the building of the Youth Development Centre at Quetta on 15-10-2008 and held meeting with the Secretary Environment, Sports and Youth Affairs Department Government of Balouchistan and other concerned officers, on 16-10-2008. The position is give as under:-
a) Visit to the Building of the Centre
The team noticed that the centre has almost been completed and is ready to carrying out cultural and sports activities in the multipurpose hall of the centre. However, some points for improvements in the building were brought to the notice of the officer of the Provincial Government for implementation.
b) The meeting with the Secretary Enviornment, Sport and Youth Affairs Department Government of Balouchistan on 16-10-2008
The monitoring team held a meeting with the Secretary Environment, Sports and Youth Affairs Department Government of Balouchistan Quetta in his office on 16-10-2008 at 11:00 am. The other concerned officers were also present in the meeting. The Secretary welcomed the members of the team and appreciated the efforts of the Federal Government initiated for the development and welfare of youth of the Balouchistan. The points which were noticed during the visit of building were also brought to the notice of the Secretary for his information. He directed the concerned officers to note these points the detail of other discussions is as under:-
i)Purchase of Equipments and Furnitures
The Secretary stated that all the purchases will made through purchase committee under the chairmanship and all codal formalities will be completed. The purchases will be transparent.
Work of internal wiring/electrification and sui gas have been completed. However, connection has not been provided by the WAPDA and sui gas authority due to non payment of dues of transformer etc. The Secretary stated that funds may be released as early as possible so that all utilities could be completed immediately.
iii) Appointment of Staff
It was informed that the Incharge of the centre with Clerk and two Chowkidars have been appointed. The case for obtaining funds for recurring cost was under process with the Finance Department of Balouchistan etc. The existing staff was working without salary. The Secretary informed that he personally perusing the case with Finance Division. The remaining staff will be appointed after approval of annual recurring cost by the Finance Department of Balouchistan Government.
iv) Vocational Training
Secretary Government of Balouchistan was of the view that no duplication in the Vocational Training will be done and the centre will be affiliated with the Technical Board Education for examination and issue of certificate etc.
v) Activity Chart
The Secretary was requested to provide activity chart for at least for one year and provide the same along with organizational chart of the centre. He directed the concerned officers to do the same and dispatch the Ministry immediately.The Secretary stressed that the Federal Government may release be funds immediately, so that out standing dues of the contractor and remaining work could be completed and the centre could be made functional.
vi) Released of Funds for Youth Development Centre at Gawadar
The Secretary also stressed that the funds for the Youth Development Centre at Gawadar may also be released to them to start the construction work to avoid cancellation of plot. The Secretary was informed that the Member Social Sector Planning Commission was of the view that there is no youth population in the Gawadar therefore, their was no need of such schemes their. He was further informed that the justification submitted by the Provincial Government has been forwarded to the Planning Commission for their acceptance or other wise.In this connection the Secretary Youth Affairs Department Balouchistan stated that he had been working as DCO Gawadar and there is a lot of potential for sports activities at Gawadar and its surrounding districts. Vocational training for unemployed youth of the areas is also needed due to economic and other development activities in the area.The Senior Research Officer informed the meeting that the Secretary Ministry of Youth Affairs is taking personal interest in both the projects and personally perusing the case with the Planning and Development Division to get the funds released immediately, so that youth of Balouchistan could get benefit from these projects.